THE PLEA OF AN ABORTED FETUS (declamation)

THE PLEA OF AN ABORTED FETUS


Set me free. Let me live, I deserve to be born, I want to live. For heavens's sake, have pity.

Ladies and Gentlemen, dear fathers and mothers, listen to my plea, listen to my story. I could have been the 17th Lady President of the Philippines Republic, had you given me the chance to live, had you not deprived me of my life, had you not taken away my privilege to be born.

Some eleven years ago, a healthy ovum started to generate in the womb of a woman with six other children. My coming should be a herald of joy, a symbol of love incarnate but to my mommy it was a burden, a problem, an additional mouth to feed. To Dad, it was a mistake, an effect of mom's carelessness for not taking the contraceptive pills.

One gloomy day in June, my unexpected coming was confirmed. It was a painful decision. I could sense the imminent danger as Mom got inside the abortion room. I was an unwanted child. no one loved me. No one cared. I was a rejected being, a tiny lump slowly forming into human being with human soul. I was already beating and my thumb had already the unique mark. As I was holding strongly to my mother's womb a splash of heat came over me. I writhed in extreme pain.

-Mom, why have you done this to me? Am I not the flesh of your own flesh, the blood of your own blood?

The rubber suction caught my tiny limbs and mercilessly twisted it slowly cutting it from my body. I struggled for my life. 1,2,3 and the first part of me came out.

-Mom, why have you permitted this? Am I not Dad's pledge of love to you? Then it was followed by another rubber suction sucking the other part moving it with force until both were fully amputated.

-Mom, why have you done this to me? Am I not God's image you promised to love and protect? Then I felt shaken once, twice, several times until I do not know anymore what has been going around. I gushed forth my breath. . .

Then came the final blow, my head- the abortionist termed as No. I was totally cut from my torso; total annihilation.

Gone is my chance to lead a healthy normal life.

Gone is my chance to behold the many lovely things God created for us

Gone is the promise of a blissful life.

Gone, gone forever.

24 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. start by memorizing it from stanza to stanza everyday

      Delete
  2. this is really beautiful,I wanna know next what happened to the child pls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose, unfortunately the Child had been aborted...

      Delete
    2. how to memorize it?

      Delete
  3. this is really beautiful,I wanna know next what happened to the child pls

    ReplyDelete
  4. So painful...whoever reads this and still carries out an abortion must be very heartless...a beast

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was an end to the foetus' life

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I visualize the fetus talking to its mother. How come you let this happen.. btw. Its awesome and captivative

    ReplyDelete
  8. our teacher said to us to picked a piece for our declamation and I supposedly picked this one it's very interesting piece. Thank you for the author

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you there is adclamation piece

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for this! I needed this for our public speaking subject in school!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Memorizing this is a bit easy declamation tommorow iwi

    ReplyDelete
  12. What does this mean? "The abortionist termed as No."

    There seems an incomplete word from original pc.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow why did they do that to that little child

    ReplyDelete
  14. The author is angel

    ReplyDelete
  15. when i was in high school, i competed in a declamation contest using this amazing piece. It was just a beautiful piece for me, i didn't care to understand what is really the meaning and now that i read this again my heart constrict and i got teary eyed. What a wonderful piece this is!

    ReplyDelete

THE KNIFE (declamation)

THE KNIFE by Angel Grace Adem You! You! Yes I'm referring to you!  You wanted to know the truth or answer to your questions?   ...

ALL TIME FAVORITE