I HATE IT (DECLAMATION)

I HATE IT
Audrielyn E. Ulloa



I hate it. I hate it so much. I hate that I have to do this. I hate that I have to do that. I hate that everyone is looking up at me, expecting me to solve every problem they're facing. I hate that I have to sacrifice all of my time for them, because of them and over them.

What did I do to deserve this? Am I not good enough? Am I not qualified to be pampered? Am I always the one who has to give up all of my vacancy to please everybody?

Look at me! This? This! This is the face of a dying breed, the kind that will die pretty soon. I'm tired of everything. I'm tired of all of you. I'm tired of my life.

I hate that I'm the one who always has to give an answer to a question that I don't even know. I hate that my classmates are always copying my answers in every exam. And every time I say no, my gosh, they would always beat me up.

IT'S INEVITABLE! IT'S INDESCRIBABLE!

I deserve so much.

None of you understand what I'm going through, where I'm coming from and why I act like this. When I'm in school, all of my friends pick on me. They hurt me.

Physically! Mentally! Emotionally!

Wait! Should I even call them friends? Huh! Some friends they are. I hate them so much.

When I'm at home, I'm responsible for the siblings my parents coerce me to take care of. Don't get me wrong. I love my siblings but my parents, my stubborn, inconsiderate parents, have turned me into a parent at such a young age. I have to help my brothers do their homework. I have to explain to my sisters the difficulties and the necessities of puberty. And how much sleep do I get when I'm done with them? Two hours! Two. Stinking. Hours.

That's not enough for someone who still has to study. I've got exams coming up. I've got projects that I need to pass. I don't know what to do with my life.

I hate it! I hate that I have to do everything for everyone. I hate that my dad can't find a decent job. I hate that my mom is so caught up with her "healing skills" that she doesn't want to take her driving test. And, just so you know, she has missed over 36 driving tests simply because she sees her so-called "career" as a benison. Someone has to drive! It sickens me!

It also sickens me when I have to rush around the streets at night to go look for my parents because I need them to sign my permission slip for me to go on field trips and activities which aren't in the school campus. My gosh, I'm tired. I'm stressed. I've been ran ragged. My classmates, my friends, the people around my school, even my neighbors for that matter, aren't helping.

What kind of classmates would humiliate you in front of your teacher? What kind of friends would ruin your whole school year because you told your teacher that they cheated?

It's the truth!

Why can't my neighbors leave us alone and stop gossiping about our lives? Why was I born to be this busy, this frustrated, this boiled, this locked, this pressured and this hurt?

I can't do this. I can't take this anymore. I hate it so much! I hate it!

1 comment:

THE KNIFE (declamation)

THE KNIFE by Angel Grace Adem You! You! Yes I'm referring to you!  You wanted to know the truth or answer to your questions?   ...

ALL TIME FAVORITE