DESIRED FREEDOM (declamation)


"Desired Freedom"

Mando

Psst.....

Come here! Yes, you! I want you. Don't be scared, it's just you and me now.

Besides, you're already paid.

It's 4am, and I'm walking pass the blinking lights of shattered freedom, trying to figure out my worth.

With eyes wide open, I can't seem to think.

As I approach the sanctuary of guilt, my body just turned ice cold.

Psst.....

It's that sound again. Please make it stop!

For the past 2 years that I've been doing this, nothing seems to make sense.

That musky scent that makes me shiver, suddenly covered the air.

I'm done for the day.

Looking back on the days when my soul was pure, I can't help but smile.

I still remember the sweet memories of my younger days, when all that I have is free.

Oh, those were the days.

I guess the truth is, I can no longer go back.

But, did I really have that liberty?

I guess i did, cause it still hurts.

Psst....

It's 4am, and I'm still here, trying to stop what I can't.

I'm paid, yes I am.

This would suddenly end.

I'll just close my eyes until it's over.

At last, it is.

As I brush off the stains of a filthy life that doesn't seem to get better, it just gets worse.

Sitting here with drops of water over my head, a series of unfortunate event flashed.

Starting to realize the mistakes that I've made, I closed my eyes.

It just gets worse. It really does.

And you're telling me that it's my fault?

How could you blame the judgment of an innocent soul who's only wish is to love and be loved?

Do you think it's easy to go through the day thinking that you're soul is burning in every second?

You don't know who I am, and what I've been through.

So, don't say a word.

If only guidance was present in my past, it would've been different.

If only lessons were learned before mistakes were made, this wouldn't be me.

I guess, I just have to deal with it.

Choice is nowhere to be found.

Psst....

It's 4am, and I'm home, a totally different view.

I was just called. I guess I should go.

It's 4am, and I'm here again.

Psst....

It's that sound again.

2 comments:

THE KNIFE (declamation)

THE KNIFE by Angel Grace Adem You! You! Yes I'm referring to you!  You wanted to know the truth or answer to your questions?   ...

ALL TIME FAVORITE