BE BACK SOON (declamation)

"Be Back Soon"
 

It has been four years since he left.

I never liked the idea. We never agreed. I tried to stop him, but it was his dream to serve. What can I do? Nothing, nothing at all, but to surrender even if it's hard.

"The troop decided to send me."

That's the last thing I wanted to hear. Holding back, trying to be calm, I couldn't be silenced.

"Do you have an idea what could happen while you're there? Or, are you even concerned about me? I can't do this without you!"

"This is a mission!"

"Is it that hard to say no?"

" I cant let my team down! I can't let my nation down!"

"So, that's it?"
 

"Don't you worry, I'll be back soon. Who knows? Maybe one day, you'll wake up and see me right beside you."

"But, What if? Or......."

"Sssshhhhh.......No, I'll be fine."

Eyes covered with tears, warm embrace, that's what I remember. The promise to return kept me smiling since then.

"I must be ready." I told myself.

There were sleepless nights. What can I do? I just miss you...a lot. You didn't even call! I wanted to talk to you. I wanted to hear your voice and say, "I'm safe here." Nothing, nothing at all. The silence moving through the air each day was my companion. I had no one.
 

Then one day, the messenger came, holding a letter addressed to all the families of the troop. I wondered why. As I read between the lines, I couldn't stop thinking about you. It says there that the mission was a success. I was glad.

I immediately went to your home base to check you out, not knowing that my life was about to be shattered.

"He gave it all, even his life."

Tears fell down eyes. I didn't know which way to go. Setting everything aside, I'm so proud of you, for doing what you do best, being yourself.

With arms held high, I will be strong.

"Goodbye Col.William Borg, I'll see you soon."

2 comments:

THE KNIFE (declamation)

THE KNIFE by Angel Grace Adem You! You! Yes I'm referring to you!  You wanted to know the truth or answer to your questions?   ...

ALL TIME FAVORITE