BEFORE IT'S OVER (declamation)


"Before It's Over"

A wide smile painted her blank canvass as she expressed her excitement to face the next chapter.

"I'm happy."

"I definitely am."

"Don't think of me."

"You might get in trouble"

In a world where you stand out against the others, that's where I belong.

To fight for a place where freedom is limited, that's what I've done.

To be accepted for what you've suffered, that's what I've experienced

To feel that you're in, there's nothing better.

She's my friend, the best that I have.

Seeing her go through the deafening silence while blind-folded, made me feel uneasy inside.
 

The will to help easily diminished as I remembered my recent acceptance to the society.

Only those on the top of the chain can tell you what to do.

As hard as it seems, there's no other option.

It's hard to see her getting trashed, but there's nothing that I can do.

Tears fell on her burning eyes as she tried to stand.

It was not a good scene.

She's beaten, real bad.

She's a fighter.

She'll recover.

"No one, and I said no one, can talk to a feed, or they'll suffer"

"If there's anyone who'd challenge my judgment, stand up and face me!"

With a burning desire to do what is right, I stood up!

At least that's what I thought.

But, I didn't.

I can't! I just can't!

As I continue to let myself believe that everything's fine, I can't help but think of how she's doing.

Her voice was trembling as she tried to tell me that she's ok.

"I'll be ok", she whispered

Do we really have to do this to be accepted?

Does it take blood and tears for us to belong?

I know that I did it before, but do we have to let everyone suffer?

I don't think it's right anymore.

With a burning desire to change what was written, I stood up.

Now, I did.

But it's over, she's gone.

She was a fighter, and I was a coward.

I could have, but i didn't.

I just didn't

5 comments:

THE KNIFE (declamation)

THE KNIFE by Angel Grace Adem You! You! Yes I'm referring to you!  You wanted to know the truth or answer to your questions?   ...

ALL TIME FAVORITE