TAKEN FOR GRANTED (declamation)


Taken For Granted

“Christians? Christians?”

Have you heard that call? They’re looking for me. That’s definitely me. You’re in doubt
and Why? You want me to give you proofs?

Oh! That’s very easy.

Who told you to doubt that I am a Christian?I am a Christian! How?I went to church. I pray. I have my religion. I read the Bible. I love kids and I am giving them what they want. I sing gospel songs.

Now you’re telling me that you are in doubt?How dare you to question me?
Can’t you see? Or Are you blind? I am the true definition of a Christian. You’re so pathetic; you don’t have the right to question me that way? What?! You want to ask me more?!… I’ll think about it for a second. Hmhm… Ok! I’m sure I’ll be able to answer all your questions
fluently.
Go… Ask me….

You’re asking me if I go to church every Sunday?! I told you… I GO TO CHURCH…
ahmm b-bu-but not every Sunday. Every other Sunday I guess that’s fine with the
Lord. Why?! I-I-I have a project every other Sunday. Yes r-r-right, I have a project. The Lord understands that.

Liar?! I’m not a liar. I’m telling you the truth in fact I went to church last three Sundays straight and Oh my Gosh Chris is in the stage he’s starting to play the guitar.

Ooops I slip! Ok fine. I went to church three times straight without absent b-
because of Chris. He’s cute,he’s talented. And I’m still there for the Lord.

Liar? I’m not a liar. I am still a Christian. It so happen that I don’t have any projects that
Sunday.
Ahhh! Fake?! I’m not a fake Christian; atleast I go to church.

Don’t shout! Ahhh! I said I’m not a fake
Christian, I-I-I pray… every other day. Atleast I pray.No! I said I am a true Christian I read the Bible. I open it…

Every time the Pastor is telling me to do so. Ok stop. Why do we need to argue? I guess
I really don’t know what Christianity is?

Ok! I go to church not because of Christ but because of Chris! I’m sleeping every time
there is a sermon because I only love the music. I don’t read my Bible because I guess that’s boring. I sing… “Jesus, I surrender I draw nearer, I fall down”

but the truth I’m not sincere with that.

But I guess my works will be credited in his name. I share my blessings to the poor, i give gifts every Sunday and I have a religion I guess that works…I don’t know.

Right, Ephesians 2: 8-9 was right. It is not by works that I will be saved because Jesus is the only way. And I am so wrong I don’t even mind his sacrifices on the cross.

I am supposed to be there because those are my sins.

I forgot my purpose here on earth; you know what, he’s been good to me. But I always take him for granted.

I’m doing things not for his glory but for my own. I should live for him because he died for me. I’m so ashamed now. But Lord you still forgave me. You’re so good. And you
brought me to my knees.

Now I’m talking and standing in front of you and I don’t care if you are going to laugh at
me. I care to tell you things that I believe I must tell you.

He won everything in me and he’s been waiting for you too… If you believe you have him, you may now shout what Carman once wrote “Jesus is the Champion”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE KNIFE (declamation)

THE KNIFE by Angel Grace Adem You! You! Yes I'm referring to you!  You wanted to know the truth or answer to your questions?   ...

ALL TIME FAVORITE